2010 Award Winner for Best Health & People’s Choice
IACP (International Association of Culinary Professionals)
The Cancer Fighting Kitchen is infused with both exquisite taste and meticulous science, utilizing ingredients rich in the nutrients that people simply must have to thrive during treatment.
Chock full of wisdom, and experience from Rebecca and a coterie of America’s foremost integrative oncologists, physicians, and cancer-wellness professionals, The Cancer Fighting Kitchen includes:
- More than 150 healthy, mouth-watering recipes that stimulate appetite and address treatment side-effects including fatigue, nausea, mouth and throat soreness, and low blood counts
- The ‘Cancer Fighting Tool-Kit’: Everything caregivers and friends need to keep loved ones eating during treatment
- Vital advice on putting together a culinary support team
- A ‘Culinary Pharmacy’ that reveals the peer-reviewed science behind every ingredient in the book
- Strategies for thriving during treatment, including food and lifestyle choices that help patients stay energized, and food shopping, preparation, storage and serving tips.
Rebecca’s warm, engaging and informative prose helps people in treatment and their loved ones overcome their fear of cooking for someone dealing with cancer. Filled with humor, compassion, beautiful photography, and a wealth of useful information, The Cancer Fighting Kitchen brings the healing power of delicious, nutritious foods to those whose hearts and bodies crave nourishment.