Menu for the Week
Stock-Up Menu Shopping List
Before you go shopping, check off items you have in your pantry.
- black peppercorns
- ground black pepper
- allspice berries
- ground allspice
- bay leaves
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- ground nutmeg
- sea salt
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch mint
- 7 carrots
- 4 yellow onions
- 2 leeks
- 1 bunch celery
- 4 red potatoes
- 1 yukon gold pototo
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 2 bunches kale
- 1 head garlic
- 3-inch piece of ginger
- 6 lemons
- 1 lime
- 4 large apricots
- 1/3 cup cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup red grapes or raisins
NUTS & SEEDS
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (white or black)
- 1 chicken carcasses or 2 lb wings
- apple cider vinegar or lemon
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground dark meat chicken or turkey
- 1 organic egg
- 1 1/4 cups dry quinoa or 3 cups cooked
- grade A dark maple syrup
- vanilla extract
Kitchen Choreography for the Stock-Up Menu
Follow this plan to make all the recipes in the Stock-Up Menu Plan in one day or prep everything, so you can assemble a recipe when you need it during the week.
- The day before you plan to cook this menu, either make the broth or defrost frozen broths for Power Green Soup and Chicken Soup with Ginger Meatballs. Use the same broth for both soups to simplify.
- Use the Shopping List as a guide to pull out all the ingredients you’ll use for this menu plan.
- To the pitcher of your blender, add 2 cups cashews and 2 cups water and set aside to soak for the Cashew Cream.
- Boil the water and salt for the quinoa. Make extra for the meatballs, if needed. Once it's boiling stir in the quinoa, cover and set a timer. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 300ºF.
- Meanwhile, cut up the fruit for the Stewed Fruit, then add the lemon and start to simmer. Set a timer to add the cherries and set another timer. When done, allow to cool.
- Next, combine the ingredients for the Triple Triple Brittle and get it into the oven. Set a timer.
- Wash and chop the vegetables and herbs for the two soups and Quinoa and Kale Salad. Organize ingredients by recipe
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 5 or 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch chard, stemmed and torn
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 2 bunches dino kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 lemons zested, then juiced
- Start the Power Green Soup.
- When you have a few minutes while making the soup, blend the Cashew Cream with the remaining ingredients. Store what you'll use in a jar and put in the refrigerator. Store the remaining in the freezer.
- Rinse out the pitcher and pot, then blend the soup. Pour into jars to cool. Rinse the pot.
- Assemble the Ginger Meatballs, then tidy up and wash the counters.
- Then, make the Chicken Soup.
- Finally, assemble the Quinoa Salad.
- Allow everything to cool before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.
MORE IDEAS FOR THIS MENU
The leftover herbs can be made into the Parsley Basil Drizzle.
Double the Ginger Meatballs and freeze them for future soups. They can be poached or baked to eat with a side of vegetables and grains as a small meal.
Boil eggs for a quick and portable protein for a small meal.
Wash, prep and store extra greens in a zip-top baggie with a paper towel. These can be quickly sautéed or added to soups.